And of course it had to start with someone planting the very first seed of temptation in my brain by asking a seemingly innocent question over msn "Come and visit me la". Sure, you're just halfway round the globe that's all. Thanks Darryl.
The very next night, Irvin asked if I wanted to join him on his grad trip to Europe. I thought, "Surely this is more than coincidence - God must have wanted me to go on this trip and get myself a Prada bag haha"
Anyway, after 2 weeks of planning, ding-donging, hostel reservations, sight-seeing research, I finally got down to taking the BA direct flight to London (by myself, freak!) to look for the bobo who got me started on this holiday.
LONDON
Arrived at Heathrow Terminal 4 at 6am after a 14 hour plane ride. Kind of still in a half-asleep mode and look like crap (imagine airplane hair - think highly charged static hay) but hey, I wouldnt bump into anyone i know on this side of the earth so why worry?
Anyways, the very reassurance first text i got - from Gerald the Goof, yes, I survived the plane ride. And yes, if you're reading this, I still associate u with the nick =P I managed to find my way to the Tube - wasnt that difficult considering how it's pretty similar to the MRT. Oh, but the underground isnt covered, so when a train's approaching u can feel the gust of wind whizzing past u - think Pussycat Dolls MTV.
Took the train to Heathrow 1,2,3 before I changed trains.
Destination - central London (just about 45 minutes ride away from Heathrow)
I arranged to meet Darryl at about 10am at Westminster, where there's Big Ben, London Eye, Westminster Abbey, etc around the area.
When I stepped out of the station, I was immediately greeted by the MAJESTIC architecture of Westminster Palace - and by MAJESTIC I mean standing rooted to the ground in awe, simply taking in the gothic exterior of the whole stretch of building.
Westminster Palace aka Houses of Parliament
Stole these night photos from Zhenyu's digicam. Westminster Palace was constructed in the mid 19th century and houses the Parliament of United Kingdom and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Currently used for public major ceremonial events, it has about 1,100 rooms and 100 staircases.




To the west of Westminster Palace - Westminster Abbey

North entrance
The only bad thing about 2 ppl going out is not having a third person to take proper wide shots! =( The top of the church keeps getting cut off argh
Big Ben - the largest four-faced chiming clock in the world

Just round the corner - London Eye. 32 capsules, 25 pax in each capsule, 30 minute per revolution.
We didn't go on it though cos of limited time. And I figured it's similar to the Singapore Flyer so might as well wait for the IR to be completed before going on the Flyer to have a better view.
Walked around the area a little bit before heading towards city centre. Came to Trafalgar Square
Picadilly Circus
ROME

No comments:
Post a Comment